Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Tools at my disposal

Just a quick list of tool I have at my disposal.  All free stuff collected off the web.
  • SeisSee - Excellent SEG-Y viewing software.  Modify the headers, EBCDIC, and binary headers.
  • OpendTect - Free opensource seismic interpretation software.
  • Excel - You know what that is.
  • Notepad++ - Excellent text editor.  You can do "a lot" on this one.  Forget notepad.exe (yuck!).
  • GoogleEarth - I have not formed an opinion on this one yet.
  • DNR Garmin - I'm still getting to know this one.  Converts shapefiles and kml files to stuff and back again.
  • ShapeViewer - Interesting little tool that loads shapefiles where you view and export them to xls.  You can additionally get summary from the shapefile.
  • Surfer (Demo Version) - Good for QC stuff.  It can handle more rows than Excel ever will.  I can live with the Demo version.  Shhhhh.  Don't tell Golden that.
  • ArcGIS Explorer - I'm kind of mixing on this one.  The standalone program doesn't like my video card so I have to use the online version of the software.  The online version has its limitation regarding importing those files.  If I want to do that, I have to use my wife desktop (grrr).

No comments:

Post a Comment